About the Company:
- Our client is a significant player in the premium cannabis packaging and machinery automation space. They work with over 40 different cannabis brands in the US and several of the large LPs in Canada.
- They provide wholesale, bespoke products across a variety of material classes including but not limited to plastic, paper, metal, and glass.
- The company is HQ’d in Hong Kong. The sales team consists of the VP of Sales in New York, two senior account managers in Hong Kong, and a SDR in Maryland.
- The sales team has been working together for a long time (3+ years) and work very closely together.
- They are always on the hunt for talented and collaborative people who can help build the business by serving our clients – and also peers within the company.
- NYC & NJ & CT
- Work from a co-working space in Manhattan three days a week
- 15 days
- No employee benefits, but an additional $500/month to pay for medical coverage
- Utilize LinkedIn, cold calls, email, personal network, site visits etc. to generate new sales opportunities.
- Main KPI – schedule at least 10 qualified prospect calls with KacePacK account managers per month.
- Research packaging trends online, visit dispensaries and be on top of relevant industry events.
- Weekly write-ups / briefs summarising what you’re “hearing on the street” from brands and potential customers. Finger on the pulse of your market.
- Collaborate closely with the VP of Sales (based in New York) and our CRM (Pipedrive).
- Always keeping the CRM updated.
- Occasional night calls with Hong Kong will be required.
- Passionate about the cannabis landscape.
- Having some type of network within cannabis is a big plus.
- Exceptional people and organization skills.
- Team player.
- Interested and has an eye for design, branding etc.
- Willing to do some US based travel.
- Unafraid to ask for help or tell peers / manager that “I don’t know”.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferable in business administration, communications, or finance / accounting related fields.
- Must be 21+ years old.
- Must have a driver’s license and comfortable renting a car.
- Must be willing to work some unconventional hours given the time difference with HQ.
- Active on social media (LinkedIn & Instagram).
- Candidates should be pleasant to work with, thorough, and willing to work in a fast paced environment.
- Attend conferences across the US & Canada.
What We Offer:
- A competitive fixed salary
- A strong variable component rewarding the main KPI noted above
- 15 days of vacation
- A fun and dynamic international team
- Exposure to the cannabis industry as well as international trade & manufacturing
- One annual trip to Hong Kong after 18 months of working with company and meeting or exceeding quota